Want your kids to do something fun during the school holidays? Then chill out, relax... we will take care of your child all day, every day for an action packed week (or selected days) of activities both on, and off the water. We offer non-residential summer day camps with two age groups in mind. Our main camp is run every week of the summer holidays and is for 8-13 year olds. We also have a camp for teenagers on select weeks of the holidays. We have a dedicated team of instructors supervising all activities. Important: no watersports experience is required to take part in either our Easter or Summer Camps, but water confidence and basic swimming ability is required. All campers need to bring with them is a swimsuit, towel, water shoes, a change of clothes, a packed lunch and some money for the tuck shop! Prices: £300 for the full week or £65 per single day. Times 9:30-4:30. For Course dates see below. Multi activity weeks will be bookable on-line by March 2017 as will individual days. Unitl then please call the centre and we can make the booking over the phone for you. For junior sports specific camps please look at the junior course page for the sport you'd like to book - those camps are bookable online as at 1st January 2017.
- our 'fun philosophy' is core to our Easter and Summer Camps so we always provide the opportunity for children to try out our other sports.
- whatever your child's qualification, they will get the chance to try out Dinghy Sailing, Windsurfing, Stand Up Paddleboarding and/or Kayaking.
- tasters in Dinghy Sailing, Windsurfing, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Kayaking/ Canoeing are programmed throughout the week.
- watersports is a fun and healthy activity allowing your children to learn new skills and keep fit. Don't let them get bored. Come join in on the fun!
TEAM-GAMES & FUN RACING...
Easter and Summer camp activities are not just limited to our key sports of Windsurfing, Dinghy Sailing & Paddlesports... we are pleased to be able to offer some seriously fun, and challenging land games in the form of the 'Ziggurat Wall', 'Peg Pole Forest', and 'Slacklining' whilst still offering the old favourites like Orienteering and Raft racing!
- orienteering - navigate your way around the park using only the few clues provided and crack the code!
- ziggurat wall - cracking the 'Wall' requires team work! Working together to traverse the wall students must push the foot pegs through the wall to allow their partner to follow on the opposite side by also pulling through the hand rope.
- peg pole forest - make your way through the 'forest' using the silver pegs, taking your pegs with you as you progress. Sounds easy? This activity requires thought and planning otherwise you just may find yourself with no pegs to advance with!
- slacklining - the modern take on tightrope walking - is a challenging activity that promotes good team working skills, whilst developing balance and fitness. Requires a certain amount of agility and balance.
- raft racing - children get to build the 'perfect' raft for adventure-packed raft racing on the lake - are your children budding engineers? Will their rafts win the challenge?
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT...
- whether beginner or more advanced in their sport, summer camp can also be an alternative way for juniors to practice their chosen activity.
- students can spend the time perfecting their manoeuvres, or simply get that all important time on the water.
- summer camp ensures that with a minimum of two water sessions per day, your children will get an opportunity to work on their personal goals in Dinghy Sailing, Windsurfing, Stand Up Paddleboardingand Kayaking/ Canoeing respectively.